Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grandparent visit

My parents came to visit, and Elio had a blast entertaining them.


Scary white alligator in the Louisiana Swamp exhibit at the zoo.


Helping bolt bookcases to the wall.



Our first attempt at sidewalk chalk.




Squirmy family.



Only in New Orleans... there was an armed robbery and shootout at the bakery we go to after yoga on Saturday mornings (there was an armed off-duty parole officer in the bakery during the robbery who pulled his gun and, during a shootout, wounded one of the robbers). The bakery proceeded to make "gunshot cookies." We had to buy one. I think it's probably in poor taste to make baked goods in reference to someone getting shot, but it seems like the kind of beautifully wry and humorous reaction a New Orleanian would have to such an event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In a long line of hilarious cookies I've seen, that is the leader by a mile.

Jamie: said...

Yes, I agree, it might be in bad taste, but therefore I love it! I hope they were yummy.